Sunday, February 20, 2011

Busy being busy?


I'm not sure if you have noticed but everyone is busy... or at least they tell us they are busy.... 

"Good thanks" has been superseded by "Oh you know... busy," as the standard response to "How are you?"

But is it really the case... are people really as busy as they think, or have we just filled our day up with stuff.... which we could survive without doing...

When was the last time you did a spring clean... not of your belongings but of your time habits???

The last time I checked in with my time habits, I managed to save about 5hrs a week, in things I had just fallen into doing since the last time I checked... 

A TV show that I sat and watched, which I really didn't enjoy, and which was rubbish. 
Checking and responding to emails as they come in rather than in a block.
Social networking with people I am not likely to ever have a real conversation with.
Sending 5 text messages backwards and forwards, rather than making 1 quick phone call...


And what do I do with those 5 hours????


Practice not being busy...

 

No comments:

Post a Comment